Orchha or Urchha, is a beautiful medieval town, which is located in the central Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. This town was founded by Maharaja Rudra Pratap Singh, Bundela Chief, in 1501. He also constructed a few temples and forts also
Railway station to board on the Shatabdi train to Jhansi. On arrival at Jhansi, meet with our representative & transfer to the hotel. In the afternoon visit a half day city tour of Jhansi covering Fort, Museum and Rani Mahal. Return back to hotel in the evening for dinner & Overnight stay at Hotel.
After an early breakfast check out from the hotel and drive to Khajuraho via Orchha.
On arrival at Orchha, visit Orchha fort. As there are many temples within the fort, three are especially worth visiting. Visit Ram Raja, Chaturbhuj and Lakshmi Narayan Temple.
In the afternoon, a continue to drive to Khajuraho. On arrival at Khajuraho, check into the hotel. Enjoy dinner & Overnight stay at hotel in Khajuraho.
- Orchha is a town in Madhya Pradesh near the banks of Betwa river. The medieval city of Orchha seems to have frozen in time, its palaces and temples still retaining their original grandeur. Orchha had the distinction of being the capital of one of the largest and most powerful kingdoms of Central India. The Bundela Rajput chieftain, Rudra Pratap, founded the city, located by the side of the beautiful Betwa River, in the 16th century. The word Orchha means ‘hidden’. When the Tughlaqs, who were ruling Delhi in the 15th century, pushed the Bundelkhand rajas out of Garkhundar, they retreated to distant Orchha.
- Camera (Optional)
- Enerzal Powder or Glucon D powder
- Dry Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes (Try to wear camouflage/dull color clothes to mix into the backdrop)
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf, sunscreen lotion
- Mosquito repellent
- Haversack or Backpack
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Identity Card
- Binoculars (specially for bird watchers)
- 2 water bottles of 1 liter capacity each
- Traveling from Lohajung to Lohajung.
- Accommodation in tents and homestays on triple sharing basis.
- All meals during the trek only. ( Day 2 Breakfast to Day 7 Lunch ).
- Guides and Trek Lead Expertise Charges.
- Meals during road journeys.
- Traveling Till Lohajung
- Any miscellaneous expenditure incurred during the tour.
- Expenses for offloading of bags.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions.
- 5% GST
- High altitude trekking through snow
- The Mystery Lake – Roopkund
- The Kalu Vinayak Temple
- Witnessing the grand Himalayan Vistas at 16000 ft
- Crossing deep mountain forests of rhododendron and oak
- Views of magnificent peaks of Garhwal region
- Interacting with the locals and getting a sneak peek into their traditions and culture